- Marketing is hard and depressing
- Maintaining a social media presence requires a certain degree of pretense
- If one doesn’t constantly comment on other’s posts, one doesn’t have a social presence
- Book fairs, community events, and speaking engagements are mandatory but mind numbing
- Empty promises from people for reviews, promotions, or feedback, reiterates rejection
- Extroverts don’t understand the struggle
- Long periods of isolation are required for recovery from social functions
- Book publishers should provide free professional marketers (One can dream)
- Writers need words of encouragement from readers and publisher
- Discouragement leads to further withdrawal from being social
I’d rather be writing!
Are you an introverted novelist? How do you cope with marketing?